This post is written by a guest author Jorge Márquez from ITM Thai Hand Berlin.
What is Chi Nei Tsang?
Chi Nei Tsang (CNT) is a centuries-old variety of healing touch therapy from China.
It focuses on deep, gentle abdominal massage in order to “train” the internal abdominal organs to work more efficiently, which in turn is said to improve physical and emotional health.
CNT is based on the belief that unresolved emotional issues are stored in the digestive system and that poor “emotional digestion” is one of the main reasons for ill health. It was first used a thousand years ago by Taoist monks in their monasteries to help detoxify, strengthen and refine their bodies in order to maintain the energy needed for their spiritual pursuits.
What conditions should Chi Nei Tsang be used for?
CNT treatments aims to:
- Improve elimination and stimulate the lymphatic and the circulatory systems. CNT is also said to strengthen the immune system. The CNT Institute claims that clients using CNT before and after surgery recover better and faster, but an online search of medical literature yielded no studies on the issue.
- Correct postural problems and relieve tension. CNT is also used to treat chronic pain in the back, neck and shoulders as well as problems related to the misalignment of the feet, legs and pelvis.
- Facilitate the “unfolding of emotions and the clarification of our emotional life”. The CNT Institute website states that this modality has been successfully used in combination with psychotherapy, but no studies documenting this claim turned up in a medical literature search. However my personal experience can ratify the above mentioned at this point: in my learning process with teacher Kruh Au, disciple and intimate collaborator of Mantak Chia creator of the style of Chi Nei Tsang that we practice at ITM Thai Hand Berlin, took me from an initial skepticism to the deepest and most natural of the convictions that unresolved emotions stagnate in the depths of our being not only in an spiritual way but also in a physical way, and a therapy is needed to help channel them and release them, Chi Nei Tsang is this therapy.
- Teach techniques to improve breathing and provide personalized nutritional guidance as well as instruction in visualization and meditation that clients can do at home to enhance the effects of treatment.
- According to the official website of “Chi Nei Tsang World Headquarters”, CNT treatment “clears out negative influences and is particularly useful in relieving intestinal blockages, cramps, knots, lumps, scar tissue, headaches, menstrual cramps, poor blood circulation, back pain, infertility, impotence, and many other problems… as well as speed healing from injury, trauma, childbirth or surgery”.
Chi Nei Tsang is used in Asian hospitals to eliminate the need of surgery.
As an art and science, Chi Nei Tsang complements Reflexology (Foot, Hand, etc), Psychology, Reiki, Shiatsu, Traditional Thai Massage, Swedish massage and other similar therapies. Unlike most practices which use indirect methods to contact the internal organs Chi Nei Tsang directly massages the internal organs.
It is particularly useful in relieving intestinal blockages, cramps, knots, lumps, scar tissue, headaches, menstrual cramps, poor blood circulation, back pain, infertility, impotence and many other problems.
Chi Nei Tsang also clears out the toxins, bad emotions and excessive heat or head deficiencies that cause the organs to dysfunction. Along with other disciplines, Chi Nei Tsang may help to eliminate the need for surgery.
Chi Nei Tsang is concerned with how to maintain the body system to live a full, healthy, and extended life. The Ancient Taoist were especially adept at knowing how to stay healthy.
It is the Taoists belief that one day masses of woman and men will again discover they have the ability to live greatly extended lives by learning the Art of Chi Nei Tsang.
At ITM Thai Hand Berlin you can learn for the first time in Germany in regular basis this ancient technique which has become totally trendy the last years in northern Thailand. During the course you’ll learn how deblock and detox the internal organs like the liver, small intestines, pancreas, colon, kidneys, stomach, duodenum, ureter, gall bladder, spleen etc. Also to release tensions in such important muscles like psoas.
Abdominal area is related to all our emotions: having a healthy and balanced abdomen will be crucial to be emotionally stable!