YOGA TEACHER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Gain inspiration and a deeper understanding of how to teach yoga at the highest level.
This 6-month yoga teacher mentorship program will refine your teaching skills and provide you with confidence to blaze your own path teaching a non-traditional form of yoga.
You will connect with a progressive yoga community and learn how to bridge the gap between what you were taught about yoga vs the science of how the body moves.
with Tatjana Mesar, founder and lead teacher in Dynamic Mindfulness School and other Dynamic Mindfulness 500-hour RYT teachers.
September 2020 – February 2021 online and/or in Berlin
This program is perfect for both new teachers and veteran leaders. If you are new to teaching (in the first 5 years of teaching) this yoga teacher mentorship will support your emerging career by providing opportunities for critical inquiry into why you do things the way you do as a teacher. As a more experienced teacher, you will fine-tune the heart of your work, thereby clarifying your unique offer to the world.
Regardless of style and expertise, this intimate yet empowering program will serve you if you are willing to do the personal work of self-inquiry and study, the humbling work of not knowing and not being perfect, and liberating process of exploring body wisdom through biomechanical lenses.
In this mentorship program you will:
- define who you want to be and what you want to do as a yoga teacher by completing your personal project
- Enhance your language, observation and presentation skills by incorporating interoceptive techniques that support presence, awareness and clear boundaries
- Receive one-on-one supervision as you navigate the world of yoga from the seat of the teacher and/or business owner
- Be supported by a group of peers and colleagues through an online FB group
- Develop a reflective lens on the contemporary yoga industry
What you receive:
- One 75-minute group webinar per month (6 in total) on the monthly topic (see schedule below).
- One 60 min individual mentoring session providing readings and teaching aids as appropriate, as well as resources, business help and networking as appropriate (6 in total).
- One inspirational sheet per month drawing from the Dynamic Mindfulness method, Buddhist teachings, movement science, contemporary body politics, contemporary dynamics in the yoga world (6 in total)
- Online Lexicon of Dynamic Mindfulness poses and transitions with more than 30 tutorials
- 2 hour-long videos on evidence-based movement and breath in Dynamic Mindfulness
- ‘Introduction to Mindfulness’ online course ( 6 sessions)
- Opportunity to assist at one 200-hour teacher training weekend
- A private online FB Group for discussion, questions and sharing
- Weekend Retreat for Teachers (TBD at additional cost)
What is required from you:
- Completing one written and four video assignments to enhance your teaching skills, related to movement science and Dynamic Mindfulness method, with written feedback.
- Attending 15 masterclasses with Tatjana Mesar, streamed online, and available for 24 hours.
- 2 class observations of regular weekly classes with a senior Dynamic Mindfulness teacher, with a short written assignment afterward.
- 4 class assists at regular weekly classes with a senior Dynamic Mindfulness teacher, with a short written assignment afterward.
- Teaching one 45 min video class based on Dynamic Mindfulness core sequences, with written feedback.
- Completing your personal project on a chosen topic, subject to the prior approval and evaluation.
Monthly Maps :
- SEPTEMBER: MAPS AND TOOLS: Outlining the journey
- OCTOBER: EVIDENCE-BASED MOVEMENT: Bridging the gap between tradition and science
- NOVEMBER: SEEING AND LISTENING: Observation skills
- DECEMBER: MINDFUL YOGA: Teaching tools for interoception
- JANUARY: SPEAKING AND ARTICULATING: Language and voice
- FEBRUARY: COMMUNITY: Building a sustainable career
Early Bird Special Price: 1.100 €, valid till July 1st, 2020
*A nonrefundable application deposit of 300 € is included in this price.
Regular Tuition: 1.300 €
*A nonrefundable application deposit of 300 € is included in this price. Tuition is due in full two weeks prior to the mentoring start date.
*Tuition does not include books and materials you may choose to augment your learning
A state-sponsored stipend of 500 € (Bildungsprämie) is available for this yoga teacher mentorship program