Poetry of Body and Mind
9 days in-person training module
A profound immersion into advanced yoga studies and practice with lead teacher Tatjana Mesar.
September 2021, in Croatia. Exact dates and location TBA
This in-person training module is a part of Dynamic Mindfulness Advanced Yoga Teacher Training.
Excellent teaching unfolds through dedicated and consistent practice. Innovation, experimentation, reflection, and introspection will enhance your understanding of Dynamic Mindfulness method.
Upon completion of this module, you will have an enriched understanding of the body and its functions, more confidence with alignment instruction and sequencing, and critical understanding of the contemporary yoga world in all its different facets.
Daily sample schedule
8:00 – 8:40 8 movements of Chan + sitting meditation
10:00 – 12:00 Movement Lab
12:00 – 14:00 Lunch Break
14:00 – 16:00/16:30 Theoretical Sessions/Mindful Assisting
20:00- 21:00 community gathering ( 1st, 4th, 7th night)
Mornings until after breakfast are in silence.
Once day we go to Plitvice Lakes for a whole day.
Training topics include:
1. Biomechanics competence and key patterns of movement.
- Rolling & spiraling
- Active mobility and strength, working with body weight, and using simple props for pulling pattern
- Human gait and cross lateral pattern
- Crawling patterns
- Changing levels
- Free flow and mixing it up
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
2. Dynamic Mindfulness core sequences: EARTH, WATER, FIRE and AIR.
2. ‘Waves and Stillness’ Restorative Yoga Sessions
- From biomechanics toward a poetry of movement
- How to address resistance to new paradigms of movement in classes.
- Energetic aspects of Dynamic Mindfulness
- Mindful Assisting: To touch and to be touched
- Consent, consistency & kindness, three pillars of mindful communication through touch.
- The science of Empathy, Setting Boundaries
- Offering resistance as assistance.
- Guiding Free Flow practice, special elements and creativity
- Dynamic Mindfulness Restorative Flow: Nervous System Regulation, General Guidelines and Basic Structure of a Session
Reading to complete before this module:
- Jules Mitchell: The Science of Stretching, a Master Theses – read here
- Robert Schleip, Ph.D. and Divo Gitta Müller: Training Principles for Fascial Connective Tissue – read here
- Mark Singleton: Yoga Body: The Origins of Modern Posture Practice
- Tatjana Mesar: Transcending tradition and finding a contemporary yoga that fits – read here
- Tatjana Mesar: What is Buddhist Yoga? – read here
- Tatjana Mesae: Suchness of the Body – read here
- Matthew Remski: WAWADIA: Six Lenses for Studying MPY – read here
- Individually selected literature from the Advanced Reading List