We start our foundational yoga teacher training by diving into the history and philosophy of Yoga and Buddhist Yoga, in order to find out how are these ancient teachings and practices relevant in the context of our contemporary lives. We will put the teachings into practice through a lab sequence and an introduction to meditation. These will be complemented by a thorough exploration of the anatomy of the physical and energetic bodies.
By the time you complete Module 1 – Earth Element, your yoga practice will feel far more comprehensive and supported by the knowledge and techniques you have learned. You will be ready to approach teaching with wisdom and grounded confidence. Module 1 is also an incredible experience for those wanting to explore their own practice on a new level, even if you do not intend to become a teacher.
- Opening: Perspectives on the Body: East/West
- Philosophy, history, anatomy and subtle body
- History & Evolution of Yoga
- Introduction to Yoga Philosophy: Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- What did Buddha teach?
- Anatomy and Bio-mechanics for Yoga Teachers
- Subtle Body Anatomy
- Breath in Dynamic Mindfulness Yoga
- Principles of Dynamic Mindfulness
- Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
- Sequence Lab